Thursday 12 May 2011

Busy days and sneaking into lectures.

It's been a pretty hectic few days... 

All of a sudden it seems that I have a million an one things to do/sort out. I have a pile of forms half filled out, letters to send, collections of paperwork that need organising for various appointments I've got coming  up all amongst having places to be and people to see. 

NOT that I'm complaining it's nice to have things to do albeit very tiring!


I'm glad I have the most of it done. I don't like it when things get to hectic and disorganised. I NEED things to be as simple and organised as can be nowadays to help keep away to much confusion and stress. Calm environment makes for a calm mind. :)

My diary is now completely up to date thank goodness although there seems to be something new to add to it everyday! Which is good I suppose it's good to keep busy sometimes just not ALL the time!

I start some volunteer work with a art project tomorrow which lasts for a month woop! I'm a little nervous as I'm basically being trusted to open up the exhibition talk with visitors and close down at the end of each of my shifts. ON MY OWN!!! All  I can think is "but what if I have a seizure?!?!" A friend of mine is coming along with me for a couple of hours tomorrow though which will be nice :) eases my nerves a little!

Anywho I also snuck into a pretty interesting lecture on performing photography by Dr Paul Jeff. It was incredibly interesting and the intellectual standard was incredibly high!  Which I have to be honest and say that the most of it went straight over the top of my head. We did watch a very thought provoking piece of his work motion piece in that it was a series of images in a particular order shown on the screen along with a stunning and somewhat intense soundtrack.
"Devised and performed by Maria Sanchez Portillo, Paul Jeff, and Emanuela Contini. Made as a response to the continuing abduction and murder of young women in N.Mexico"

I will definitely be researching this work in the future and the idea of performed photography as there was something through the whole of what was said that kept me gripped. I feel maybe this is trying to grasp at an area of research through my own work. It will take some serious mind power though so all in good time...

No comments:

Post a Comment