Saturday 7 May 2011

MRI booked

Things really do seem to be rolling finally in terms of hospital appointments.  After my appointment for my long awaited EEG came through a few days ago a letter came through the post yesterday informing me I have an appointment for an MRI on the 14th of June. I had my first full on Tonic-Clonic seizure waaaay back in August and far to many to even think about since then so it's been a fair old nerve wrecking wait!

I'm not going to lie this makes me nervous. So I'm not going to write to long a post on it. I'm having a "time to sort my life out a bit" weekend and I don't want to distract myself to much with wondering and worrying. 

It is strange to finally have a date set for my head to be passed through a massive, scary looking, loud banging, scanning machine... Ahhh the joys. I've had one before for my wrists and that was scary enough I dread to think what it's going to be like having one of my brain! I also learnt from last time to take MY OWN music!! At least then I can lie back and try my hardest to imagine myself somewhere else with my own choice of music rather than actually finding it more satisfying listening to the awful sounds of the MRI thingy like last time. Sorry Dido but you really don't do it for me!

Enough said, time to carry on sorting through waaaay to much paperwork for one person...
Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. You will be just fine! :) My little toodle doodle, she's 10 and when she had her first tonic clonic she was not too thrilled about having to go into the big loud machine, but she got to have the music and fortunately we have an awesome Children's hospital here and she got to listen to the music she wanted and did an awesome job!!!

    Just remember to relax and it's all going to be done faster than you think. It's all to help find out where the seizures are coming from, which part of the brain, and to help with a more detailed diagnosis. YOU WILL BE AWESOME AND SAFE!!!

    Thoughts and prayers are with you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete