Friday 13 May 2011

Wobbly start to an arty day.

Today I started some volunteering as an invigilator with Open Empty Spaces on an art project called Kiosk. Created by artists Jeff Pigott and Julia Warin.

You can find out more information on the project, the work and the artists by following these links:

Open Empty Spaces

www.artspark.net

Kiosk

I had a lovely day chatting to and meeting various people, nosing around the art piece itself (there is a lot to take in!) and just generally people watching... a busy market place is a really good place for that!  There were a good amount of people interested in the work too which was brilliant to see and it was great to sit and listen to the Co-curator giving an interview with a BBC journalist! Exciting!

BBC images

www.bbc.co.uk/news - Article on work 

Cue a cheesy photo of one happy me :
I'm just lending a hand on a few days until the end of the month. But it is so nice to be back in touch with some arty happenings :) since stopping university earlier this year it's been a bit of a struggle to keep up with all things arty. Obviously I have more time on my hands so any opportunity to help out with and visit various exhibitions and projects is a awesome way to keep my head in the game and absorb all the goodness that comes with it. 

Although to be honest I didn't think I was going to get there... I woke up perfectly fine at 7:25 to my alarm but once I stood up out of bed I straight away felt really wobbly. As in my balance was all over the place. It's a horrible fuzzy feeling kind of like a hangover with absolutely no energy. I showered hoping I wouldn't fall over.. and had to prop myself up while sorting my hair. Bad times. But after some breakfast and a nice cup of green tea by the time I'd walked to the bus stop I felt much better :) Doesn't stop the constant nagging thoughts of what if? what if? WHAT IF!? Especially as I new I was going to be spending a lot of the day alone in a place I'm not particularly familiar with. But my day is almost complete with out any major hitches :D

Right time for an early night with an attempt at some reading :) I'll leave you with this quote that I found within the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment