Friday 6 May 2011

Listening to the rain

It's warm here tonight or 'close' as some might say. I think there might be storm brewing actually. It's raining too. I'm very tired after a long but nice couple of days but if I go to sleep now I'll wake up at some rediculous early hour in the morning and screw up my sleep pattern. So I'm currently lying on my bed, with the hamster running around the room occasionally climbing over me, a book which I will have a little read of shortly by my side, my laptop propped up on my other side and the window right next to my bed open so I can listen to the rain as it falls. There is something so theraputic about listening to rainpour. I suppose it's the sound of cleansing and fresh smell that seems to follow shortly behind. I like the little things like that. They seem to make everything feel a little more relaxed. Simple almost. I'm hoping the temperature stays reasonably warm for the night and I'll keep my window open so I can carry on listening as I fall asleep and let the cool breeze flow around. Maybe I'll sleep a little deeper tonight. I hope so :) 

It's nearly 9pm now, It's going to be a struggle to stay awake much longer. You know when your eyes feel so heavy you feel there is nothing you can do will keep them open? The relief when you finally let them shut though is lovely! 

I'll try to read a little more then sleep for what I feel like could be days. 

Goodnight :)


1 comment:

  1. Hey...remember this thought when you are in the MRI..:) it's your happy place...:)

    ReplyDelete