Tuesday 3 May 2011

A run in with the floor.

Basically I had a full blown Tonic-Clonic during the night, last night. All I know is that I woke up on the floor at some point in the night while it was pitch black outside, having fallen out of bed, with a thumping headache, a bump on the side of my head and a sore tongue where I'd bitten it. That and my muscles ache A LOT today. Boooo! I've never bit my tongue during a seizure before so that's a new experience..fun fun! I do tend to chew the insides of my cheeks during absence seizures though I have scars to prove it... NICE! 

But something very painful and rather bizarre happened earlier in the evening. I had quite a lot of energy compared to usual so thought it would be a good idea to go for a quick run. Nothing to strenuous just to the next village and back. But on the way back I suddenly had really sharp pains in my abdomen. It literally felt like I had been stabbed straight through my lower back into the front. HORRIBLE. I had to walk back to the house which turned out to be the most painful walk ever. Eventually I got back grabbed a glass of water and practically crawled into my housemates room. By this time I could barely stand and the pain felt so awful I couldn't sit, stand, lie or anything without these (what I assume were) cramps constantly shooting through me. To be honest it was really hard not to just cry! It was all just so strange I was red hot, sweating and shaking like a leaf! But after maybe 25 mins with the time it took me to walk home the pain started to ease off. Until I was just left with a minor stomach ache. If the pain had lasted much longer I think a trip to the hospital would have been in order! Never felt pain like that before. I had the shakes for a good couple of hours afterwards and my stomach still aches a little today if I twist my body but other than that I feel perfectly fine... question is WHAT HAPPENED?? I also decided to have a mini asthma attack. I've not had one of those for a long long time. Although when I told a friend later who also happens to be a medical student, they suggested it might have been from panic. Who knows. Inhaler did it's job though so no complaints there.

I think maybe my seizure may have been a reaction to what ever happened during the evening. Maybe. 

Anyway seizure wise today I didn't feel as rubbish as I normally do after a seizure apart from a little headache, achy muscles and a bit sleepy so as I had things to do went about my day. Went to arrange to see someone about this mountain of student loan forms I have on my desk, popped to the pharmacy to hand back medicine that I had left over from increasing doses, and even braved buying a novel and took a nice long lie down of course!

I will definitely be getting a good long nights sleep tonight! :)

2 comments:

  1. ohhh. that sounds terrible. I am sorry for you. I wonder if you could have had an appendicitis attack. I don't know much about medical stuff but when I had appendicitis it felt like what you described. However, it usually doesn't go away, although a cousin of mine did have it come and go several times over a year. He finally had his appendix removed. anyway, I am sorry about the pain and about your seizure. thank you for describing what it feels like afterward. My daughter can't really tell me how she feels so it is nice to hear it from an adult who can explain how much it hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. My oldest has described the same after her tonic-clonics I think it's just the 'after shocks' of your whole body going through the massive shut down. Hang in there!!! I've always called the neuro after the kids tonic-clonics just to keep them informed...just in case they feel a med adjustment or if they're just not have an good reaction to the meds. One step at a time!!

    ReplyDelete