Thursday 24 February 2011

One Morning.

Wednesday morning was rather testing. 

During the course of the morning I had a doctors appointment. It didn't exactly go spiffingly well... I mentioned the newer - I'll call them symptoms for now- including the sudden dizziness which lasts for no more than a few seconds but totally knocks me sideways as it were. Also how my memory really has got shockingly awful lately. Just the other day I was asked to write a date down, it took me asking at least four times for it to be repeated. Not Good. It's funny I can remember it perfectly well now. Meeting,12PM 8th of March. :/ Plus how some days I can't stand up without feeling all fuzzy and like I'm going to fall over, kind of like when you have an horrible hangover and you will do ANYTHING not to move! Again not good. After mentioning all this, I asked if they could just be some side effects of the medicine that have just taken a while to catch up with me.. (and hoped for yes as an answer) His response was to tell me they could be, in which case I have to decide if they are better to live with for the moment than the seizures I'm used to. Which believe me it is. And something about not wanting to mess with my Keppra dosage to much at the moment which is fair enough.  But then went on to say he'd write a letter the neurologist to inform them of these recent occurrences and try to bring my tests forward... didn't exactly fill me with confidence. Shocked me a little. As much as I really do want my tests to hurry up it's a bitter sweet feeling. It could go well or very very bad. So no more answers again. I know there probably won't be any answers. Maybe ever. The term 'Limbo' comes to mind. I didn't leave in the best of moods.

So yes that wasn't exactly the best start to the morning. I also went up to uni were I proceeded to  demonstrate this new 'loosing my balance' thing and headbutted a door frame... which was fun..so now I'm walking around sporting and ever so lovely bruise right on the side of my face in plain view for everyone...GREAT!! When this happens I usually catch myself before I fall if that makes sense it was just unfortunate that the door frame was not quite far enough away from me at the time. Oh well better luck next time! 

I also had a dissertation tutorial... pretty sure I'm not going to make the deadline. Which is a shame. But my tutor did seem to be pleased with the progress I've made since our last tutorial :) which gave me a much needed confidence boost. Advice is to work as hard as I can on it towards the deadline and see where it's at when the time comes. 

Well time to listen to some decent music... I'm feeling a bit of Radiohead tonight :D


No comments:

Post a Comment