Sunday 27 February 2011

From Chaos to Order.

The other night I was busy working out how many days worth of medicine I had left. As I was counting the tablets in their packets it occurred to me how strange it was to see something so neat and orderly that is directly related something that is so incredibly disruptive and chaotic. It's like these little tablets and the sterilized packages stored in this specific structure, in a way, represent their purpose. To return my brain to the what is I suppose,  considered a 'normal' state. To bring the chaos back to order.
It's hard for me to explain.. in fact I did try to explain it to a friend I live with but I couldn't get the right words out so instead we just ended up discussing the funny/horrible noises the packets make... as you do. Not being able to find the right words to explain things is becoming more and more of a problem for me. Which I suppose is one of the main reasons I've turned to images to try and get across feelings etc related to experiences of Epilepsy. It helps a lot. Whether people read in them the ideas I was aiming to portray I don't now but it works for me. When I produce an image of an idea it takes it from the jumbled mess that is my brain and puts it into the physical space. Something I can see and feel which in turn allows it somehow makes more sense. 





Maybe these can begin to explain what I was trying to say. Or maybe not.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Jade! I feel the same way sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D I'm glad somebody understands!! Explaining is difficult!

    ReplyDelete