Tuesday 15 February 2011

Lets focus on the good things!

Ok I'm not going to lie its been a hellish week. 
BUT I'm fed up of worrying about things that I don't have much control over plus I cant say on here whats gone on because it's to do with the NHS, my degree and my local health board... scary stuff.. way to grown up and stressful for me to deal with!!

So I shall focus on the GOOD THINGS this week :D

1. My assessment is Thursday and as much as I'm ultra nervous about it I'm also feeling a teeny bit confident!

2. I've actually managed to focus on my dissertation a bit! 
  • There is an artist who's work I really admire and find incredibly fascinating. He also has epilepsy and creates work on the subject. He has taken time out of his life to share this thoughts and explain his work with me which I can't even say how much I appreciate. I'm writing about his work in my dissertation so for him to have done this is amazing :D!!! I feel all privileged :) I've just sent him a mini interview for some dissertation research which he said he is happy to answer! I can't wait to hear back!
  • I have also arranged to meet another artist tomorrow at uni in person which again makes me feel really lucky! I can't wait to find out more about his work too!
  • Plus I've read, highlighted and made notes on lots really interesting writings on the artist Bill Viola and as a result have started my comparison of each artist. :)
  • My working title is "The representation of altered states of consciousness in art and photography" To be able to write my dissertation on a subject I'm truly passionate about is a real boost when it comes to trying to focus on getting work done amongst everything else.
 3. The sun came out for a tiny while this week. I know its only something small but it's surprising how much it affects mood! Saying that it is raining and very grey outside as I type... but Shhhhhhhh...

4. A couple of lovely people from my course have asked me if I want to live with them when we finish uni this summer!!!!!! Of course I said yes!!! Such a relief!!! We'll be nicely situated between Cardiff and Bristol so we get the best of both worlds art and connections wise. :D So excited!

OOOOO also a brilliant friend of mine has posted some of her work and ramblings of life (which I adore) on her blog Doodles go seeee!

Right time for a cup of tea I think :)

XX

No comments:

Post a Comment