Thursday 24 March 2011

Two weeks on. :)

It's been two(ish) weeks since I increased my dose of Keppra from 1000mg to 1500mg per day. Today has been the first day I haven't felt completely exhausted which as a result means I'm in an awesome mood :D. I get headaches most days some are only minor aches but some I really honestly could cry from. The increase of medicine only added to this. Most days by the time afternoon/early evening roles around I find myself having to lie down. Even walking up the stairs seems like a huge effort. I really dislike lying around not doing anything but I can't find the energy to do much else. My mind races though, and I put the TV on just to try and focus my mind on something other than life stuff but it doesn't usually work. I just end up staring at it wishing I could just get up and go for a run or something. I try to make light of it and joke around and most of the time I can deal with it (even if it does mean having to cut short some much needed sunbathing time in the first bit of decent sunshine we've had this year just to go home and lie down/nap...) but sometimes even smiling seems such an effort and that scares me more than anything.

But hey today felt good :) The sun was out, the temperature was warm and the general mood was lovely.  With Spring most defintely in the air a friend who I live with and I decided that our garden needs a re-vamp. So out we went to look around to see what we can do (with out spending any money) to spruce the place up a bit. We ended up weeding and re-building a little rockery :D! The plan for the weekend is to carry on with the little make over ready for the warm weather. 

Tomorrow I have a plenty planned for the day. Hop on the bus in the morning and pop to the hospital to scout out where my neurology appointment is in a couple of weeks time. My local hospital as with every other hospital I've ended up in over the years is a complete maze and REALLY confusing... hence finding where said appointment will be in advance JUST in case I couldn't find it on the day. That would not be good! Then hopefully the weather stays nice so we can visit a park which just so happens to be next door to the hospital with our camera's of course! Then go back into the main area of town and pick up some gardening gloves along with a trowel ready for the weekend. I can't wait. 

Hopefully I'll still feel good tomorrow and don't get struck down by anything Epilepsy related. Fingers crossed! 

Here's a lovely song to match my mood :)

No comments:

Post a Comment