Monday 21 March 2011

There's no place like home.

I've lived in many places over the years but this valley near the tiny village of Carrog in North Wales is the place I will always consider my 'home'. I grew up here and have some really truly beautiful memories that were formed in my time here. One of my families still live here in the very same house I grew up in :) I love to visit even if it just for a couple of days, and that's exactly what I have just done for the weekend. 
There's something really therapeutic about going home and spending  a little time with family and friends and the simple things that are truly familiar. 




This is the stunning view I wake up to every time I stay here :D it's so lovely it makes me smile just to imagine it! Miles and miles of green fields, trees and it's various animal inhabitants really does wonders for a stressed mind.






Of course there is also nothing quite like some homemade cooking :)
I mean obviously I cook for myself where I live but not really anything particularly special... (I really should make more effort with that..)





Ahh something Wales is famous for... SHEEP! These are the first lambs I've seen this year. Again another huge change in recent years..lambing season is one of my favourite times of the year. A friend of mine's parents used to take part in the lambing season on their neighbouring farm. I remember year after year being fascinated with watching it all happen and of course feeding the 'pet' lambs bottles of formula. Nothing like seeing a flock of lambs running so fast their legs looks like there going to come off.




This is Charlie, THE most cuddliest, cutest, attention seeking cat I think I have ever met. A hug from him (and I mean hug.. he hugs like a human would :/ ...) is enough to make anyone feel better!!





It was nice to go back just for the few days. I was very tired most of the time though which was a bit of a shame but then I'm still getting used to the increase in my medicine so to be able to do anything with any enthusiasm is something to be grateful for! It's strange not being able to see my any of my family or talk to them face to face for months at a time when I'm going through this testing change in my life. I'm not going to lie it does make it a little awkward when I do see them.. I think it's because so much has changed in such a short amount of time. My not being able to explain things very well when I do get to talk to them in person doesn't really help either.. but hey all is good anyway and it was really really good to visit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment