Wednesday 16 March 2011

An interesting read.

Yesterday I found myself at a loose end when I had what felt like forever to wait for a bus. Luckily though it was lovely and dare I say it warm(ish) weather so I thought I'd take advantage of it and sit down with a newspaper. I'd seen this newspaper advertised and thought I'd pick one up to read. It's a prefect read for someone like me. All the  relevant, highly informative and interesting round up of news on that particular date but not over complicated for my little brain :) I will definitely be reading it more often!

Link to i newspaper's website.





This is an article I came across yesterday, its basically an article on the appearance of images of violence and of an upsetting/disturbing nature in the media on a public scale. Posing the question - should such images be shown when some people may find certain images to be of an offensive and overly upsetting nature?

The case for offending the public - Dominic Lawson " Shocking images upset many people. But sometimes they have to be seen."

Just an interesting subject that I thought should be shared. It was a particularly interesting read for me as I wrote an essay on the subject for university last year. I find the case of what photography should shown and in what context crops up a lot on this course.

If you have a spare five minutes it's worth a read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment