Wednesday 30 March 2011

The epic sleep.

So my 'bit of a wobble' turned into whole days and nights in bed. Usually I do not sleep more then 10 hours a night end of. I rarely sleep in past 9 in the morning and the times I do it'll be because I've not been able to sleep the previous night. I cannot just lie in bed, even if I'm tired.. I get bored very quickly and end up getting up. 

Anyway I went to bed the other night, fell straight to sleep, slept the entire night through which in itself is minor miracle.. then woke up at 9ish in the morning with a banging headache. I heard my housemate moving around getting ready for their lecture so I thought I'd pop down stairs to say hello. I stood up out of bed and thought I was just going to fall straight over! Not good... but I was really thirsty so thought I'd make my way down stairs anyway. How I didn't fall my way down the stairs I have no idea my balance was all over the place! I made some tea clung on to the kitchen side and had a little chat. Barely managing to drink even half the cup I dragging myself back up stairs and getting straight back into bed. This is another thing that I NEVER do. Go back to bed.. once I'm up, I'm up. I then proceeded to fall straight back to sleep until I heard said housemate return from uni 4 hours later! We had a chat again (I like to catch up on all the gossip seen as I'm not at uni anymore..) I watched tv for a little while then fell back to sleep again for the afternoon. Crazy. I wasn't hungry either which worried me a  little as I can safely say I'm almost always hungry! Everytime I even tried to sit up in bed the world around me was all over the place. It's hard to explain really but I suppose a hangover is a similiar feeling.. everything is muffled and sort of 'fuzzy' and lying down is the only way to ease the horrid feelings. Anyway I then managed to make myself eat something in the evening which in itself was effort but I know that not eating will only make things worse especially when it comes to blood sugar (trust me I know this from past experience!) Unbelievably I then slept the entire night and didn't wake up until 12 today! Bad in terms of me not taking my medicine at 9 like usual but good in that I woke up feeling perfectly fine!

I figure I must have been fighting some illness off or something... I've had many days where my balance is completely screwed and lying down is the best option since I started having seizures, but never have I slept for that amount of time. I get very tired a lot anyway what with the medicine and Epilepsy and all.. but for me to actually sleep for so long is unbelievable!!

So this is the view I had when I wasn't sleeping.... fascinating isn't it??

But putting that aside today has been so good. Simply because I woke up feeling far more alive today. I got up with no problems at all, took my pills, showered, tidied the house a bit, checked emails etc, popped to the library, to a couple of shops, and to the medical centre to pick up my medicine presciption and re-stock my 'drug drawer' as I like to call it. Once home again I spoke with my mum over the phone and decided that I will be catching a train tomorrow night down to hers for a few days... I CANNOT WAIT!!! It's a little farm in South Devon :) they only moved there a month or so ago so I haven't seen it yet plus it's right by the sea!

How I can go from feeling so rubbish to alright again in such a short space of time is beyond me but hey now I can just be excited for my trip home to see my mum, Chris and all the animals! I haven't seen them since Christmas so it's definitely a much needed visit :D

X

No comments:

Post a Comment