Tuesday 29 January 2013

Fantastic weekend madness

This weekend has been like a whirlwind blowing through the house! Everyone was back home for a couple of days plus some lovely extra people so the level of energy was high with plenty of happy vibes. Friday was an evening full of people chit chat and hysterical stomach toning laughing. Saturday afternoon I met up with an old house mate who's recently moved down to Cardiff to live to visit a gallery and catch the last day of a photographic exhibition. It was lovely to have a catch up and get a fill of arty goodness. The evening was spent in Cardiff bay out for dinner with everyone followed by my first experience of a Bollywood film at the cinema, which ended with us all standing by the screen trying to learn the dance moves... SO fun! 


Then there was Sunday.. which turned out to be an interesting and amazing day!! It started with me waking up to find this on my room door...

I was then told by my housemates to put some really nice clothes on which I did, we then got in the car and I had to close my eyes the entire drive. I had NO idea where we were going! After been led out of the car and across the road (with the wind determined to blow my dress everywhere) I opened my eyes to find we were stood outside Waterloo Gardens Teahouse somewhere I've been wanting to visit for AGES!!! It's a lovely teahouse with about a billion teas from all over the world to choose from, fabulous cakes and arty exhibits hanging over all over the walls inside. 


My friends presented me with flowers, chocolates and bucks fizz, and an adorable card full of sweet messages :) SO CUTE!!! I love them all so much :)













We all stuffed ourselves full of afternoon tea consisting of delicious sandwiches, scones with cream and jam, amazing cakes and chocolates and our chosen tea's.

I chose Jade Cloud tea (obviously) with a big juicy slice of courgette and lime cake! Neither of which I'd ever tasted before and I can officially say that it was the best choice ever! It really was so lovely for us all to be back in the house for the weekend. 


I'm still not sleeping properly and having had such a busy fun weekend it's needless to say I'm very, very tired so taking it easy for a couple of days, the weather is really rubbish here at the moment so I think it's a good excuse to stay cosy! 

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable Jade!!! You have great housemates!! (I love that term!) You deserved a wonderful day darlin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are the best!!! Hope you're alright xx

      Delete