Saturday 26 January 2013

Hair today sleep tomorrow

I'm just going to have a tired and frustrated whinge. These last few nights sleep have been very unusual for me. Due to my meds and possibly teeny tiny seizures I'm not even aware about I'm pretty much always tired. I usually sleep all through the night (like a log) in fact I'm usually fast asleep by about 10:30pm having gone to bed at around 10 and don't wake up until anywhere between 8 and 10:30am depending on how my brain feels. Plus a nap in the afternoon most days. But over the last few nights I keep waking up at strange hours of the morning say 5:30 for example and I'm WIDE awake. It's driving me round the bend because it has a knock on effect for the daytime hours when I need to be getting whatever needs to be done in life.. well.. done. I don't exactly have heaps of energy normally so anything else that takes any away does not help!

Also, I had my hair cut today. I wear it as a pixie crop because it got so thin very quickly when I started taking my medicine particularly the Keppra which I've been on for over two years now. Having it short makes it appear much thicker than when I had it long! I recently changed hair salons and today (my second visit to this one) my hairdresser asked if I use a hairdryer or swim a lot. I instantly knew that he's noticed how thin it is and told him all about having to take a lot of medicine and how they dramatically affected my hair. I never use a hair dryer anymore (not that I used one a great deal before) and use a organic "gentle" shampoo which I really think helps but yes I do swim a lot so the chlorine obviously doesn't help the matter. It sucks though to have someone bring it up again. He was very nice about everything as we talked and has suggested a hair thickening product system which I MIGHT give a go... we'll see. May well just be a money making scam though.. but then for £15 for a whole kit it may be worth a try.

Anyway as I'm typing I keep having to stop to re-engage my concentration, my eyes feel like I need matchsticks to keep them open and my face is aching like there's little anvils clinging on. I think it might be time for bed. I hope I can get a decent nights sleep soon and for them to carry on as I cannot work like this and my job starts soon.. talk about bad timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment