Wednesday 23 January 2013

Festive catch-up

The holiday period was a lovely one! I spent Christmas staying at my mums and New Year staying at my dads, both were fabulous and brilliant times to relax with family.

Britain decided it might want to sink just before Christmas, we had SO much rain it was unbelievable, there was serious and in some cases deadly flooding everywhere. I was VERY lucky to get up to my mums place for Christmas as I caught the LAST train out of South Wales before they shut the line. Phew!!

I got up to all sorts while I was away from home...

One thing being... getting back on a horse. Given that a particularly scary fall from a horse back when I was in my early teens is one of the possible causes for my seizures today, riding again was no mean feit... Before this particular fall I'd ridden most of my life from an early age. With both sides of my family having horses especially with my mum being a horse trainer and riding instructor it was just an everyday thing. This time though after not riding for years I was unbelievably nervous but I finally got on  one of my mums horses called Dancer. She was so calm and had always been a horse that can sense what the riders is feeling. She put up with my tenseness and silent panic very well and I eventually I even managed a smile, it still makes me smile when I think about it. 

The biggest news is... two yes TWO of my friends got engaged over the festive period :D one on Christmas day and one on News Years eve! The latter of which I was highly privileged enough to witness <3 so, so adorable!




My dad, sister and I took the current 4x4 off-roading for the very last time as my dad is busy building a brand new one scratch SO EXCITING!! We managed a good set of hours running it around the areas, off cliffs and in a ton of mud before someone else got stuck in a swampy area and we rescued him. Unfortunately just after a successful rescue of the other guy, we then broke down and become stuck in the same area! Typical! It was SO fun though so not all was lost. 

Plans now? Get my hair cut, wait to hear when I officially start my internship (super nervous and excited), volunteering on Thursday, thorough sort out of all my paperwork that's hanging around, book a GP appointment about my knee, get in contact with a charity project that I've heard about and see if I can help plus other bits and pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment