Friday 18 January 2013

Something's on the move

My previous post was a giant whinge on the long waits when it comes to tests, results or simply being able to see a neurologist. In particular though, hearing about any results from my video telemetry that I had back in early October. Well, one of my housemates suggested that I speak to the neurophysiology department in the hospital where I stayed during the test directly. So I did and guess what they were extremely helpful and told me that my results had been processed and sent over to my neurologist in another hospital MID-NOVEMBER!!! That's just ridiculous it's mid-January now!!! Anyway now in a -thankful to know but angry with wondering why it's taken all this time for my neuro to look over them- mood I rang up her secretary. I was as polite as I could have been but she must have heard the angry, confused and just plain "this had better be sorted out soon" tone in my voice. She listened to me as I told her exactly what the dates for certain things were and asked where they were and when I would actually hear anything back about them. She asked me to wait on the line in which time I heard lots of shuffling then quickly she was back and told me that the letter to me and my GP from neurologist had been dictated and typed and was just waiting to be signed and sent off. Whether I believe that or not given that it would have been a HUGE coincidence that they happened to have just been dictated and sitting on the desk the very day I ring up and ask where on earth they are, is another thing. 

Either way I know for sure now that things are moving. All I needed to know is that SOMEONE/ANYONE had looked over the telemetry and registered that it does actually exist and I hadn't somehow imagined the whole experience. Now I know it does and the relief is immense. It's just the small matter of MORE waiting until I actually get the letter in my hand and I can finally see if anything was picked up and a possible move out of this limbo land that I seem to be stuck in!

Gosh all this and I'll bet the results will be useless, that would just be beyond typical.

No comments:

Post a Comment