Saturday 19 January 2013

When it snows..

On a more cheery note compared with the last few posts... 


It snowed :D Yaaaaaay! 


Britain (mainly England I reckon :P) goes CRAZY when it snows. We don't usually get wide spread snow on this little island of ours so there isn't much money spent on keeping everything going in terms of road clearing etc (which I think is fair to be honest) so everything almost immediately comes grinding to a halt!!! School's shut, public transport slows right down to a snails pace if moves at all and people panic buy food like mad! 





I think it's wonderful :) People become so happy, we're so used to monotone miserable wet weather for a good chunk of the year that as soon as it snows or is sunny most (there's always the whingers) peoples spirits rocket, and it shows in the form of a brilliant atmosphere and gleeful faces.

These are just a couple of quick snaps I took on my little compact on my way to the arts centre yesterday morning to volunteer. Cardiff has had a surprising amount for a city near the coast and it looks so beautiful. 



4 comments:

  1. These photos are stunning Jade
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I didn't have my SLR on me but then again the likely hood of me slipping and falling on it would have been high... typically though I only slipped when walking through the front door!! I love this walk though, It's a couple of miles each way but changes every time!! I hope you're well :) xx

      Delete
    2. I'm too much of a wimp to take my SLR out in this weather. I just know I'd end up breaking it lol x

      Delete
  2. those pictures are beautiful sweetie!!! I hope you are doing fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete