Thursday 31 January 2013

Brain Hospital.

A new series called Brain Hospital has started on Channel 5 here in the UK. The series documents patients with various problems related to the brain and the journeys they go through including becoming patients of The Walton Centre a neurological centre as part of the NHS in Liverpool. The first episode includes a young lady who has severe Epilepsy. It's a hard and emotional program to watch but very enlightening and I feel it will be a brilliant way to show the nation some much needed awareness of various condition involving the brain along with Epilepsy. Well worth a watch if possible. 

3 comments:

  1. That's the hospital where I've had all my MRI's and EEG's. It's where my neurologist Dr Krishnan is based. I really wanted to watch the show and completely forgot it was on. I might have to watch it on catch-up
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was supposed to be seeing a neurologist there but my brain saw otherwise I shoved me into hospital in Wrexham! (Probably didn't agree with the waiting times)
      Hope you're well :) x

      Delete
  2. You're probably lucky to be honest. My neurologist is so elusive it's been well over a year since I last saw her. I had an appointment scheduled for the end of march but i got a letter this morning telling me it's been brought forward to the fifth of march. My doctor has been writing to her since november to try and bring it forward. Neurologist's waiting lists are a joke.
    I'm doing okay thanks. Only had two grand mal's since the middle of december so things seem to be looking up. I hope you're doing good too x

    ReplyDelete