Saturday 2 February 2013

The rash and the letter.

For the past few of days I've been breaking out in a weird bright red splodgy rash over the top half of my body about 15 minutes after taking my medication. Now obviously this isn't good but I feel perfectly fine which is odd. I rang my nurse to ask advice she said as I have been on the medication for a while it isn't necessarily the Lacosamide that is causing it but rather something underlying that is reacting with it, but as it's now at a very high dose I do need to be wary. She told me to keep taking my medication and just deal with the rash for now. I have to see my GP as soon as possible though to figure out what is going on. If I begin to feel unwell though I have to go to the hospital straight away, hopefully it won't come to that though. I'm sick of hospitals and medical stuff right now. I'm just hoping it doesn't disrupt my seizures for the worse. 

A letter arrived this morning to officially confirm that I have moved health boards and I am now under the neurologist I saw privately in December. The letter says I have been placed on the shortest waiting list and will hear from them shortly. I however know that it will take a long while before I see him again as in my appointment he said he expects it will take at least six months to see him again on the NHS.


Well it's definitely nap time for me so a snuggle under the duvet it is! 


No comments:

Post a Comment