Monday 11 April 2011

Nightmare.

Last night I had yet another nightmare so now seems a good time to write about them..

Over the past 4 or so months I've been getting some pretty horrid dreams and full blown nightmares. Some of them are me not being able to escape from somewhere or I'll be running away and end up trapped. Not nice. Most though are of car or train crashes some of which I am in and some of which take place in front of me. I watch from an observation point of view as the collision occurs. Watching in slow motion as the metal bends and the glass smashes into a million tiny pieces. Sometimes they happen in real-time and sometimes in gut wrenching slow motion but each and every time I have absolutely no power to stop or alter what is taking place.

When I wake my eyes ache and my mind races. I've slept but not peacefully and it takes a while to re-adjust to my surroundings. Very similar to seizures. These dreams though I can replay over and over in the finest detail whereas in everyday life sometimes I can barely recall five minutes previous. I think maybe they are playing out the worries I have of not being able to control my Epilepsy and everything that is has and continues to change in my life. 

They're not every night though thank goodness or I'd never get any sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment