Wednesday 20 April 2011

A love of reading

Over the past few days one way or another (usually involving sitting in the garden in glorious weather) the subject of reading as come up. I love to read. I used to read constantly when I was younger. I was one of those children that would rather go and sit somewhere quiet and read than run around outside. 

Now I have more time on my hands trying to do this 'resting and stabalizing' thing I wish I could just pick up a good book and read. But no, reading a novel at the moment is a complete impossibility. Sure I can try to but I just end up having to read one sentence or page over and over again just to get the little bits on information into my head. When I was studying this was a HUGE problem. Even short peices of text would take me forever to read and even then sometimes I would miss most of the relevant info. Also if I have absence seizures while reading I can read on for ages and not even notice that I'm not actually reading.. strange I know.. but it happens! It like my eyes know what to do but they just aren't connected to my mind. And when it comes to actually holding any storylines or anything that may be relevant in my mind ready for when I next pick up the book  to carry on reading... well thats just incredibly frustrating!

I usually stick to magazines or short articles nowadays just so I have that little bit more of a chance to absorb what I am reading or for it not to be such a daunting task to re-read parts. Plus they usually have images along side them... I'm an extremely visual person so as much as 'picture books' may seem more of a childish read.. they are my saviour!! 

Anyway yes I just needed to get that of the mind!! 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment