Monday 4 April 2011

An 'absence', a sea view and explorations.

I'm currently sat in a beautiful farmhouse on a small farm on the coast in South Devon. I can't even begin to say how perfect this place is for my mum and my step-dad Chris. Without going into any detail they've not had the best of times in the past five or so years and now they can finally settle down and start to fully enjoy life again. This makes me so unbelievably happy :).
The farm animals or lets be honest 'pets' now consist of:
2 Cats, 3 Ferretts, 4 Hens + 3 Cockerals,7 Horses, 2 Piglets and 14 Sheep
and thats not to mention the other animals that have already taken up residence on the farm including 2 Ferrel Cats, Geese, a Heron, Fish and more. I.LOVE.IT. 

I arrived on Friday after a hellish journey on the train. I did attempt to get down here on the Thursday but after leaving my house catching a bus down into Newport I arrived at the train station to find all the travel boards we're covered in 'DELAYED' and 'CANCELLED' trains. Mine being cancelled. Typical. I did hop on another train heading towards Bristol but after sitting on there without it actually going anywhere for a stupid amount of time I found out from someone sitting near by that that train in particular had already been sat stationary for over an hour... Then the driver made an announcement that the Severn Tunnel was being shut for an insepection of the rail tracks and that this would take an unknown amount of time and obviously if anything is found wrong then there would be no furthur trains that evening. So luckily a friend took me in for the night and I caught a train in the morning :) Although 3 hours on a train with no one you know when you can have a seizure at ANY given moment is no easy task. Infact I think I might have had a absence when I was asked for my ticket. What the collector began to say didn't match up with what I heard him finish with... plus he was giving me a strange look like he'd been waiting a while for me to actually hand my ticket over despite me holding it before he even arrived. Hmm.

It's been a busy few days exploring my new home from home. After finally getting down here my mum took me around the farm showing me all the ins and outs of everything. I love exploring new places so this was so so good and she seemed so happy with everything which made it all the better. Later we went on a walk right from the doorstep to the coast and walked along in the glorious sunshine for miles :) I have to say though after not a massive amount of sleep and a relatively long train journey dragging my luggage it was hard work climbing back up the coast to get home... But look how worth it it was!



On top of that I've been helping out with all sorts of things around the place. It's hard work, everything is far away from everything else, most things are heavy lifting and awkward which of course you'd expect on a farm... but I'm not exactly the biggest. strongest person ever so it's pretty damn exhausting and that's on top of feeling constantly energyless from my medicine!! But I love getting my hands dirty and helping out with all things rural so I do the best I can and my parents know and respect that. I know there's always a spot of my mothers cooking and good nights sleep following it so it's all good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment