Tuesday 13 September 2011

Waking nightmares..

A while ago I mentioned that I had been having nightmares. In the last few weeks they have been getting more and more frequent. Strangely on a couple of occasions I seem to have experienced very weird experiences similar to nightmares but while I have been awake... Hallucinations maybe? 

They are all so vivid and so very real at the time, but they are all so different. I'll give an example of one of the 'awake' ones... This is a rather cliche one... I was in the shower and suddenly looked at my feet and saw countless amounts of spiders spilling out of the plug hole and rushing around my feet and up the sides of the bath. I don't know whether I screamed or not but I wanted to. And my heart felt like it needed to burst out of my chest, like when you almost trip down the stairs. Shortly after (I don't know how long) I looked down again and they were all gone. Everything was back to the way it was.  It doesn't sound much written down but I just can't explain the way it feels so intense and real at the time. It literally leaves me shaken. 

Anyway they are weird and the ones while I'm sleeping are really starting to get on my nerves. Sometimes it's seems like I have them all night... I wake up from one fall back to sleep and bam another one arrives! Very annoying. Of course then I get less sleep and end up knackered the next day which in turn can lead the likelihood of more seizures. NOT GOOD. I'm not sure if it's 'me' or maybe a side effect of the medicine. I'll do a little research and see I suppose. 

2 comments:

  1. http://virtuosointerrupted.blogspot.com/2011/07/ants-and-nightmares.html

    I also experienced this. I wrote about it (above link).
    Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know Jade. My youngest would have scary dreams, but couldn't remember them. I wonder if it has to do with the extra activity of the brain waves that epileptics experience when sleeping. I remember all the activity on watching their EEGs...she has a doc appt soon so I will have to bring this up with her neuro. I hope you are doing well and can get some peaceful rest. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete