Wednesday 27 July 2011

A moment worth sharing.

I'm so excited today. At 7am tomorrow morning I'm leaving to catch a train up to my childhood home for just over a week. I haven't been there for far too long and I simply cannot wait to see everyone :D Some of my family and I are also travelling up to Scotland on Friday for the weekend for one of my uncle's wedding. It's going to be lovely.

Anyway yesterday I had an appointment with the dentist. Now not to sound to cliche... I REALLY REALLY do not like the dentist. I never have, and the prospect of a seizure with metal objects in my mouth only makes it worse.  Seriously I was like a quivering wreck sitting in the lounge waiting to be seen. But something so lovely happened. So there's this waiting room with say 12ish people in it? Everyone was pretty much silent, maybe trying to settle their own nerves. Then amongst the silence came a little voice. A little girl started to read aloud from one of my favourite ever books. The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Now yes I am well aware that this is a children's book but I still love it all the same and reminds me of being a child myself. This little girl was just sitting there, next to who I assume was her mother and younger sister. And with seemingly no fear at all began to read the story of the Very Hungry Caterpillar out loud. Her little voice breaking the silence and relieving a little of the tension hanging around the room. That little girl made my day. Carefree, just wanting to prove she was a brilliant little reader to a room full of strangers. And she did just that.

I just love little moments like that. Absolutely adorable. Precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment