Monday 25 July 2011

Just a note..

Last night I really didn't sleep well. A lot of things were flying around in my brain and I spent until the early hours of this morning writing down anything and everything into one of my many notebooks. 

Without fail I always have a notebook within reach of my bed. Actually pretty much anywhere in the house I have so many! They are my little saviour sometimes. Something to scribble random thoughts that might crop up at any time. Anything from photography idea, to an appointment someone mentioned in passing I'd just remembered, to the little things that happen to be bothering me at the time. If ever you can't sleep for to much of a busy mind... try writing it down. It doesn't have to make sense and it could be the smallest of things but once it's down on paper it seems to make sleep come a little easier :) 

I don't suppose it helped that I watched the film "The Lovely Bones" that was on the TV just before trying to go to sleep. I'd never seen it before but have heard it mentioned many a time along with the book so I decided to watch it. I have to say it lived up to my expectations, an incredibly beautiful and hauntingly sad film.


There is one particular song in the film that I seriously cannot get out of my head. It's stunning.


X

2 comments:

  1. Jade, that's a fantastic song! This Mortal Coil is a supergroup of sorts containing members from two of my favorite bands, Cocteau Twins and Dead Can Dance. I had tickets to see some of these musicians just the other month but, as fate would have it, had to miss it. That wonder is for some other day I suppose. If you like the song, do check out those other musicians!

    Your habits with notebooks are remarkable. It truly is a catharsis from all anguish and negative thoughts. Writing is healthy and it's fun. Once you've filled a notebook you've truly accomplished something powerful. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand you. When I have too much in my mind, I have a lot of trouble sleeping. Cool song!

    Love you're blog. I'm a follower!

    Take a look at mine if you have the chance.
    http://to-be-me.blogspot.com/

    Ani xx

    ReplyDelete