Friday 3 June 2011

Blood tests and Exhibitions.

I had some blood tests today as a result of a doctors appointment I had a week ago. I officially look like a pin-cushion but then again there's no change there. It's pretty rare for medics to be able to get blood from me on the first attempt. I'm either in some sort of melt down from seizing and the shock that follows or my veins just seem to shy away from needles. In any case it makes for a very painful event every time I need them done. Today they had to make three attempts. One on each of my inner elbows both of which needed that jiggling thing they do when they move the needle under the skin to try and induce blood flow (this always requires a certain amount of wincing and generally trying not to cry...) the nurse whilst doing this even said "look, it's in the vein your blood just isn't flowing"... great... and what am I supposed to do about that? She was lovely though and tried her best not to hurt me too much. Eventually on the third attempt on the back of my hand the little viles started filling up. I was expecting this to be the most painful attempt of all, as last time they had to use the back of my hand was in Emergency major's in hospital. THAT was AWFUL thinking back to then everything seems a bit of blur now (not surprising..) but I can remember clear as day that particular blood work session. Yuck!
Anywho they got what they needed today and before I'd even sat down with the nurse she told me my doctor has requested to see me again next week. I have no idea what for though... usually they only see you for anything to do with the bloods if there is something abnormal in the results. But it would seem he wants to see me anyway. Fabulous, yet another appointment to look forward to. 

Putting that lovely morning to one side I have just got back from a Photographic Art exhibition opening put on by the current second years on the Photographic Art course I'm currently on leave from. Fingers crossed it's this group of students that I will be joining in September to resit my final year when they start it :) It was nice to wonder around looking at their work. It brought back memories of when we did the same thing last summer. It's been a lovely summery evening here today as well which added to the nice atmosphere with people milling around looking at the variety of work and chatting away with one another. :) If I have a little more energy tomorrow I might pop back down there to look around again and take a few snaps. 
I have to sigh though because I had been planning on going into town with them afterwards for the after party but I was just to tired and really couldn't cope with drunk people while I'm busy trying to stay upright completely sober! So decided to come home instead and drink tea. (Which I secretly don't mind at all... hehe)

And with that said I'm off to turn my brain off for a while :) X

No comments:

Post a Comment