Friday 10 June 2011

Monitoring

This morning I had a doctor's appointment requested by my doctor himself. We discussed the results of the blood tests I had a week ago. Pretty much everything is at relatively reasonable levels which is awesome. My kidneys however, aren't performing as well as they should. I now have to be monitored regularly in terms of blood tests and regular appointments with the doctor. But that's ok :) better than them saying "this is what's wrong with you and there's not much we can do" or "you need some more time in hospital". I just have to keep drinking a ton of water and absolutely no alcohol. I hardly ever drink anyway but I did have a wee bit of party session the other night... a sort of celebratory night for a couple of different reasons :) Although I did have a fair few I didn't drink THAT much but it totally knocked me off my feet! I forget how much the medicine can affect someone.Thank goodness my friend was with me I honestly thought I was about to drop to the floor in the middle of the club. Which was an awful feeling as I don't usually know I'm going to have a seizure. I remember sitting down at the side of this club and everything going blurry and speeding up and incredibly claustrophobic which is something that never usually bothers me. Needless to say we got out of there pretty quick. I really honestly think I would have 'gone' if I'd stayed in there much longer.  Non the less it was a really really good and well needed night out with friends :) 

I've also lost more weight (without trying to) over a stone in about 5 weeks. This is another thing I now have to have monitored regularly just to make sure it doesn't dip too low but there's a long way before that yet! It is bothering my slightly how much it seems to just be falling off me all of a sudden :s but again my bloods don't suggest anything too dramatic so it's good for now :) Never did I think I would  be someone that has to eat more to keep weight on. Ever.

My MRI is less than a week away now... DEEP BREATHS!! 

Keep smiling everyone and stay healthy!! 

X

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are doing okay. My daughter drinks way too much..:( What meds are you on again? She went back on depakote and has gained a ton of weight because of it. I told her to go talk to her doc about topomax and not sure she has. I know she doesn't drink enough water either, so not sure she's had her kidneys function test either. The older those kids get the less they listen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ok for the moment Thank you :)
    I take 2000mg's of Keppra a day pretty heavy stuff but hopefully it will do the trick eventually! I get sort of panicky if I don't drink enough water, so now I'm even worse for guzzling the stuff... but hey at least it's healthy!
    I hope you're well and good :)

    ReplyDelete