Monday 20 June 2011

Monday's Crash.

I well and truly crashed on Monday. Energy wise rather than seizure wise thankfully. All though I think it was pretty close.

The day did start fine. I got up nice and early to a lovely sunny day. Went for a walk down the road to the shop to pick up a few bits of food. After spending the morning on the phone to various people for a few different things for my job and trying to organise my stuff in my own life. I started feeling really tired and fuzzy. By this time I was upstairs in my room. I'd eaten a couple of hours before so thought maybe I just needed a quick snack and a cup of tea. But as I stood up my balance was completely off. There was no one in so I thought it best to not try and get down stairs and just lie down instead. And that was that. 3/4 hours later I woke up on my bed still feeling very very tired and with a little headache. The rest of the day I had very little energy so just bumbled around my room fixing little things or just lying on my bed staring at the ceiling. Plus watching some cheesey TV... not the most exciting way to spend most of a day.

I'm going to put it down to over doing it over the past week or so. I know I need as much sleep as I can get or at least rest but I well and truly abused that fact. Although to be fair most of it was with good reason... I've also had a weird throat/chesty thing going on along with a cough. I haven't been feeling 'ill' with it as such just every time I go to lie down to sleep at night I start coughing and my throat gets sore and in turn I can't fall asleep easily and even once I do it's very disturbed because I end up waking myself up coughing. Now it carries on into the day as well. I'm hoping it will just go away soon. Definitely giving my chest and stomach muscles a good work out.

The weather did cloud over and rain for the rest of the day though which strangely made me feel better... No reason to be jealous of people enjoying the sun that way! Typical British summer for you though :/ More sleep is in order now though :) 

On a side note... I have an EEG investigation on Wednesday. I'm a little nervous but strangely more intrigued. I doubt I'll be saying the same thing just before I go in...

2 comments:

  1. Ive had it for five years so I'm starting to get used to it now. The medicine I'm on is fantastic though. Its helped a lot. Did I read you were taking 2,000 mg of Kepra? If you're still feeling weird on it, maybe ask your Dr. About lamictal. I went from 1,200 mg of carbatrol down to only 400 mg of lamictal and I feel SO much better.

    Are you taking any cold medicines? No one told me this but cold medicines, especially anything for runny noses, are not good to take with your medicine. I took dayquil at one point, thinking I would be fine, and it was the worst thing ever. It made me dizzy and foggy and just miserable.

    Also. Diet drinks and sugar free gum are supposed to mess with seizure meeds too.

    http://www.naturalnews.com/008952.html

    Nothing will mess up a diet like. Nice diet drink ban! I used to drink diet coke 24/7 before I realized how miserable it made me.

    Good luck with your EEG! I'm sure it will be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such a thoughtful post and the following comment. I've been fighting epilepsy for more than three years now and only recently have I been able to regain moderate control over my life. I went from having 50+ seizures a day (complex partial) when I was in the hospital during an EEG monitoring admission to now, post brain operation, where I am seizure FREE! There is hope yet Jade!

    To Carol Annabelle, that is a highly informative article, thank you again for linking it. I used to drink Diet Coke and Diet Gingerale all the time. I stopped, however, because the caffeine was killing me. I greatly warn ANY epileptics about caffeine, since in my case it will INDUCE SEIZURES that have sent me to the emergency room/emergency department at local hospitals probably 10 or so times, now. It summons up a grand mal seizure that almost punches through my near-lethal dose of meds.

    Be careful and may you be blessed with health and strength, Jade!

    ReplyDelete