Saturday 4 June 2011

Failed attempt at 'escaping it all'

Gosh it's been over a week since I last posted apart from the little one last night and SO much has happened. I finally have a couple of days with nothing planned other than to stop, refocus and gather up everything that has gone on. Two days to just generally re-organise my life and get to grips with everything again.

Ironically the past week was supposed to be a break from it all but everything decided to happen during it. I had been planning on a trip to my mum's farm down on the south coast of Devon for some much needed tlc and rest. I didn't actually realise how much I needed it! It started on Friday the 27th, a day where everything seemed to pile up all at once. Including an array of appointments from the job centre to hospital ones, mounting up for June, meaning I had to pretty much rearrange a good couple of weeks of life all while trying to volunteer at the art project I was helping with. It was a pretty crazy day. With the May Ball that evening as well, needless to say I was pretty tired. So with everything having changed for the following weeks I took the chance of having 5 days with nothing important planned I hopped on a train on Saturday morning down to my mum's. Best decision ever. It's lucky I because after this week I don't know when I would have been able to get back down there again!

Amongst spending some time with the family I finally got to meet Pirouetta the new foal :) She's a shy little thing that likes to dance around in little circles hence the name..
My time away started with me being volunteered by my mum to help out with the raffle at the local village fayre. It was surprisingly good! The atmosphere was amazing, here was this little village that on the average day looks pretty much deserted which isn't surprising as it's situated in the middle of nowhere right on the South Devon coastline, but the day of the fayre it was absolutely buzzing. People came from all around to take part in the festivities even though the weather had other idea's.... there was a thick sea fog totally concealing the party from the rest of the world which in turn lent itself to aiding the incredible, if a little surreal, atmosphere.

 During my time away I've sent off my application to become a volunteer for Epilepsy Wales application the other day too. I hope I can help out in some way! If it all gets approved who knows what I might end up helping with... EXCITING! The support for people Epilepsy is far stronger in North Wales than down here in the South I have found. I was diagnosed up in the North and the support was evident right from the start but as soon as I was transferred down to south Wales (as I was living here for university) the support seemed to absolutely vanish. Maybe something can be done to change this a little. I hope so.

I've also had a spot of trouble with uni and on Wednesday I received a pretty damn patronising email which made me VERY angry. THANKFULLY my mum stopped me from replying there and then as I would have just ended up rambling on about how much trouble they've caused and the feeble excuses that they've given some of which I know for a fact aren't true. I'm so glad it's not anything to do with the course I am actually studying or there is no way on earth I would be going back there. ANYWAY... I'm just leaving that for a while because I still don't think I've quite calmed down enough to respond in a mature way. It's a game a need to play right.

I had a Tonic-Clonic seizure during the night that night which I assume was due to the fact I was about ready to explode with anger and stress... Luckily though apart from a few bruises on my head, arms and legs I felt surprisingly OK the following day (although I did feel like I'd been the gym for a full on work out...) so I don't think it was a particularly violent or prolonged one, which is always a plus point. Although the following day I did seem to get really angry and opinionated at stupid little things that really shouldn't have irritated me that much. I think my mood provided my mum with a little amusement though... I mean I have my opinions anyway but thinking back I was just being ridiculous that day... it was the first time my mum has had to put up with me the day after a seizure. We did get lost on the way to an appointment in Torquay somewhere neither of us had ever been before. I got some serious road rage and the hump because the map wasn't clear enough or something along those lines. My mum just laughed. Something I'm glad for! I try my best not to get wound up about silly little things but sometimes I can't help myself. I am going to put it down to after affects of having had a seizure coupled with my medicine which is well known for it's mood altering capabilities! I take Keppra and the going word these mood changes is Kepprage. Which I think is brilliant!

There's probably a million more things that I've forgotten to ramble on about...

OH and I got a job!!

Anyway despite it not being the completely restful experience I was hoping for I still had a nice week hiding in deepest rural Devon with our many pets!One day I will figure out how to get the massive stack of photo's off my phone and onto my laptop... but for now here are a couple of the animals that share our life :)



No comments:

Post a Comment