Wednesday 12 January 2011

The letter.

Whilst I was staying at my dads over New Year I was handed a letter that had come in the post for me at the beginning of December. My dad had rung to tell me about it and said that it was just a letter saying I was no longer under the care of the a surgery as I was no longer residing in the local area. Fair enough. Now the letter didn't actually give a surgery name... just a name of a doctor.. no one I had seen before... so I just assumed that it was from the surgery I had temporarily registered at during the summer when all this started. Given that the letter was sent to my dads address and by now I had registered fully  (October) with my full time surgery down at university in Newport and had several appointments with a doctor by the time the letter was even sent.... I think I was safe to assume that the letter had come from my temporary surgery up at my dads.

However it turns out I was wrong... it was a letter of dismissal from my full time surgery near Newport!

....WHAT?!

So off to the Newport surgery I went on Monday thinking I had been sent the letter by mistake. Handing it over to the receptionist I asked if she could tell me why I got the letter. Firstly she asked if I was still living at my Newport address to which I answered yes. Then she went on to ask.. and since registering here at the beginning of October have you seen a doctor elsewhere? I replied no. By now she looked just as confused as I felt. Then she checked my medical account with them and told me that my account had been closed on the 30th of December and my records had been requested by the medical authority and so were no longer being held at the Newport surgery.
Given that I was literally holding my repeat prescription for medicine a literally NEED to stay upright  which was due to run out in a few days I immediately I started to panic. But THANKFULLY the receptionist just handed me a form to fill out to re-register at the surgery and my prescription could be sent through. I can't help but worry though. The form I filled out to re-register was the exact same form I had filled out at the beginning of October in the first place. So what's to stop all this happening again.
Basically it turned into this big pickle and now my medical notes are being held by the medical authority somewhere in Britain.Why I have been randomly removed from patient lists at both surgeries I have no idea.
All I can hope is that it won't delay any appointments I'm in line for. I'm currently waiting for an EEG and MRI and to see neurologist for a review. NOT things I want to have delayed any further! The suspense is crippling, I mean there could be anything going on inside my head :( not that I'm stressing about it or anything!!!!

It's scary that one letter can can change everything.  Out of nowhere I was taken off patient lists of both surgeries. Meaning my means of medicine vanished. Totally out of my control. It just emphasizes how much control I've lost. I constantly have to rely on someone somewhere and I really can't stand it.

Everyday I hope that the letter for my appointments will arrive in the post. All I want is some answers.


No comments:

Post a Comment