Tuesday 25 January 2011

Another something to plan life around.

A mini bomb shell hit today. 
It's goes back to the whole not being able to drive any more thing... as most artists will be able to tell you, it's pretty unlikely you will just finish uni and end up in some well paid creative job you absolutely love without having to really work hard for it. It extremely likely you will need a full time job to fund your development of artwork or whatever you choose to do. A lot opt for the commercial side of photography like weddings etc. Yeeeeah imagine trying to do that without being able to drive. :(
It took a conversation where I was asked how I think epilepsy might effect my future plans to make me realise.
Why it hasn't entered my mind before now I have no idea.
Ahhh well another thing to try and figure out. But not for now.. my assessment is a week today and I still have a tonne of work to do so better get cracking on that first!

XX

1 comment:

  1. It will impact your life greatly not being able to drive, but it IS possible to have a life in the arts without driving.
    I highly recommend planning on living and working in a metropolitan area once you graduate. It might on one hand be scary, because of the seizures, on the other hand, you are not stuck at home.
    I have lived in Boston and New York City.
    Now I live near San Diego California, where there is a surfing town called Cardiff :) Much different than yours! Here is a post I wrote about my own issues not being able to drive.
    http://virtuosointerrupted.blogspot.com/2011/01/oceanside-music-festival-planning.html

    ReplyDelete