Thursday 31 May 2012

Standing without help

Today I was able to walk without my crutches for the first time since a seizure sent me falling down some stairs. It feels SO good to stand by myself! I don't have full bend in my leg, my knee is very tight and it can't take my weight entirely by itself as it's very weak and walking for a huge amount of time isn't an option but it's getting there :) I start physiotherapy next week and I know it is going to hurt but all for the better. I've been told it's going to take a number of months for it to return to normal so for now I seem to have adopted a slight limp. 

The main thing is that my crutches are leaning against the wall in my room out of use unless I have to stand/walk for a long amount of time and that's the way I hope it stays!! Perfect timing as well as I have my graduation exhibition opening tomorrow night :D CANNOT wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment