Thursday 17 May 2012

The hospital window.

Well here I am feeling very sorry for myself!

I spent this weekend of glorious weather lying on the wrong side of a hospital window. I took a whopping great big seizure on the way down the stairs :( I have absolutely no idea how far I fell or how long I was unconscious for but I can tell you it hurt!! I ended up with a nice bump cuts and bruises to my head and I twisted my leg so much it pulled the muscles in my ankle and knee. My knee is particularly damaged and very painful which will take a fair while to heal :( So for now I'm armed with crutches and it takes forever for me to get anywhere. This was Friday last week and still bruises are appearing!


Good news is that they managed to get a cannula in ready to pump me full of whatever needed FIRST TIME around!!! I have unbelievably shy veins and usually end up looking like a pin cushion whenever they need to get even the smallest of needles in me. So this 9even though it's in bad circumstances..) was a surprisingly good moment! 
This is what I woke up to one morning... sunshine... around here we hadn't seen any for what felt like forever with the weather being almost constance rain, grey clouds, low temperatures and just plain miserable. So to see the sun streaming in was not fun! 

It started off unusually quiet for a Friday night in the city... but it soon filled up! Plenty of people came and went with all sort of things wrong with them. I hate seeing people hurt or poorly :(

Thankfully I only had to stay there a couple of days because I have some awesome friends to fall back on :) and 'supervise' me :D Although I did have to bend the truth a little bit when they said now make sure you don't do anything to stressful this week and take it very easy. "Yes doctor, I mean it's not like I have my degree finals this week or anything...." WRONG

So yes... that was my wonderful weekend.... x 


2 comments:

  1. I just want to wish you the very best in your forthcoming exams and to wish you well for the future. I enjoy reading your blog and it gives me hope for my own son as he tries to take his A levels again (epilepsy intervened for the last two years)so maybe he will make university this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much :)! Please wish your son the very best from me x

    ReplyDelete