Saturday 5 November 2011

One date I will never forget.


04.11.2010 

Exactly one year yesterday I was diagnosed with Epilepsy. I can't believe how much my life has changed. I often think back to that appointment, I remember it like it was yesterday. But the thing I think about the most is the way I reacted, or maybe I should say, the way I didn't react. I honestly knew nothing about Epilepsy or seizures. If I knew back then what I know now I would have reacted completely differently.

The tests, the hospital trips, the numerous appointments, the agonising waits for test results, the tears, the laughs, the bonds, the arguments, the relationships, the exhaustion, the travels, the friendships, and the most important hugs in the world are just the tip of the iceberg that has been this past year. But perhaps most critically it is the emotions that I and anyone close to me have had to go through since that day. I am extremely thankful and incredibly lucky to have these people in my life. I literally do not know where I would be now if it weren't for them. 

I wish I could line them all up and thank everyone personally right this moment and give them each the tightest of hugs. But unfortunately I can't, but I'm hoping that they know who they are and know just how much I appreciate and love them :) 

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand where you are coming from with this. I'm currently going through the diagnosis process and it's definitely not much fun. There's just so much waiting involved. And there are so many ups and downs, mood swings and crying jags. Sometimes you just want to curl up under the duvet and never come out again. But you can't, you have to get up and face another day.

    Your blog makes me feel less alone somehow, so thank you for that :)

    Take care x

    ReplyDelete