Wednesday 16 November 2011

Catch up + Rats!

Long time no post.

Life's been busy, especially university things... and more sleeping. I finally managed to kick a headache I had for the best part of a week the other day. The RELIEF! That really got me down for a while in a sluggish and just generally rubbish way. But now I feel good and surprisingly well for a change :D I even feel like going for a night out sometime soon. (That's near enough a miracle for me nowadays...) 

Oh and here's a way to know you're living in a student house. Rats... Yep we have rats. It's horrible, you can hear them at all time of the day and especially at night when the house is quiet skittering around in the walls. I've seen one to in the back porch. Not the most pleasant of things to be putting a bin out and be confronted with a rat. But then it's not like I've never seen one before. Growing up in the country and spending a lot of time on working farms kind of makes you used to those kind of things. Today the council came around to visit all the houses in the area to check them all out, and out of all the houses, typically, it was our drainage pipes that were the problem. One of them has a hole in and that's how they've gotten in. Next step get the landlord to fix them! So I'm currently sitting in my room in a house wreaking of smoke due to the smoke bomb they've put down one of the drains, listening to the critters running around in the wall space above my bedroom. Lovely.

There's family stresses too, but for now they've eased a little and I can focus more on university work of the time being :)

No comments:

Post a Comment