Sunday 20 November 2011

Cryptogenic Localisation Related Epilepsy

I received my clinic letter from the hospital through the post. As far as I was aware I had been diagnosed with idiopathic generalised epilepsy. Which meant I had epilepsy with generalised seizures which involved various areas of my brain at the same time but there was no known cause. To my surprise they now have my diagnosis down as likely cryptogenic localisation related epilepsy. Which I'm pretty sure means that they think there is a cause for my seizures but they don't know what that cause is.

I'm not really sure what to make of it to be honest. It would be nice to talk to someone face to face about it who can answer all the questions buzzing around in my head. Especially now they seem to think there might be a cause... what made them decide that?? They've seen videos, listened to witness accounts and had my trying to explain what it's like, so I guess they found something within all that.

My main worry though - if there is a cause and they don't know what it is, how are they supposed to treat it? I guess it's just a matter of luck in finding the right combination of medicines.

Ahh well best carry on carrying on.

No comments:

Post a Comment