Sunday 9 October 2011

Head meets doorframe..

AGAIN. Yesterday morning/afternoon was just plain rubbish.

My balance was completely off from the moment I sat up in bed. That fuzzy, clouded brain was throwing a number of little seizures at me. But unfortunately they are impossible to dodge so all you can do it sit there and let them do what they want to do. I couldn't read, write or watch TV even trying to string sentences together was difficult just sleep on and off. Anyway at some point during the morning trying to get back to my bed from the bathroom I completely lost my balance all together and caught a lock on a door frame on the way down ending up with a nice cut on my cheek frighteningly close to my eye to go along with a rather sore hip. So yet again I'll have to walk around with a nice injury to my face. I shouldn't complain really as it's not as bad as some of the black eyes, cuts and bruises etc I've had to walk around with that are in plain sight to everyone. It's then that I can just feel people wondering what I've done and coming up with their own conclusion that I never get to hear. I actually prefer when people just ask, I have no problem with telling them. It's just those moments when you have to walk down a crowded corridor or something with people staring, sometimes I just want to stop and shout "I had a seizure alright? Deal with it!" but I am far to shy to do that! I suppose even more luckily it could have been a massive black eye and given that I have a lecture with my class tomorrow who have no idea I have Epilepsy... that would have been beyond awkward.

Ok rant over. My housemates and I are off to Cardiff today for a few hours to visit a brilliant art gallery and as I'm feeling pretty good today surprisingly,  although a good nights sleep was a brilliant help, I can't wait. :)

2 comments:

  1. As terrible as this sounds, I can totally sympathize. I rarely recieved injuries when I was having this happen all the time, but the dazed and confused state it brings -- and how it's impossible to form sensible, logical strings of words -- is my nemesis. To fight the most serious cases I was given emergency medication of sorts. Have the doctors/nurses suggested something like a small dose of Valium or Lorazepam to deal with the danger of cluster seizures? In ten or twenty minutes it balances out the wild brain activity and brings one to a peaceful state. It also makes you drowsy as hell, but it's better than the alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :(:(:(:( I hope things get sorted out for you!!! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete