Wednesday 6 November 2013

Reunion

This weekend was amazing. I spent two whole days with my beautiful friends with whom I lived last year. One of them is one of my oldest friends and another three who until I moved in with them a year previous to them graduating as doctors I had never met. If you were to see us altogether now you wouldn't have a clue that we were complete strangers not so long ago! I love them dearly and they have stuck with me through high and low since the day we all met. Through the seizures, hospital appointments, mid journey on the motorway stops because I'm seizing once again, the too poorly to make myself anything to eat so they cook me dinners, visiting me in hospital to put a smile back on my face, the trips out that make everything feel "normal" again. Very happy and safe times. 

Since leaving university in June this year they have all split up and live in completely different areas of Britain. It is a massive shame but they are living their passion as doctors and Britain is a surprisingly small place and in just a matter of hours on a train one or two of us can meet up. This weekend however is the first time we have all been back together in one place and it's like we never split. Despite being between the ages of 23 and 30 we all act like children... refreshingly carefree. 


We each travelled to meet in mid Britain to the city that Rasha lives in to celebrate her belated birthday together. We stayed in a lovely hotel high street level looking out over Birmingham over three sides. It was also Diwali over the weekend as well so right across the landscape beautiful fireworks sparkling in the sky. Hours were spent talking about each others lives and laughing over memories. We ate out in lovely resturaunts and returned to an amazing restaurant we visited the last time we visited Birmingham when we went to kit ourselves out with Asian attire for one of their weddings. Previous trip to Birmingham plus we went to see a Bollywood which was hilarious! 

We gave our gifts over to Rasha to open whilst we sat down to dinner and afterwards presented her with this... Check out this cake!!! It was amazingly detailed and absolutely delicious... it didn't last long! 



It really was a great weekend and I felt very emotional leaving them behind again but we're already planning our next meet up and even a holiday... once we've saved up the money! 

No comments:

Post a Comment