Thursday 7 November 2013

An Improvement!

It's the tiniest of improvements but some of the most brilliant news I can hear right now.

I've been having some problems with my field of vision on the left hand side I believe it's called a left-sided Quadrantanopia. This basically mean I'm missing vision in the top left hand quarter of my vision. I found it out over a year ago by chance when I went to try and find out the cause of a persistent headache by visiting a high street optician. The day I went for the test the optician handed me the results in person and told me to take them straight to my GP myself instead of waiting for them to travel through the post. Not good. This is my original post with the results. It is immediately obvious that something isn't right. 

Anyway I've been seeing a opthalmology consultant since then for various tests. This time around when I went to see my hospital ophthalmologist on Monday after some more visual field tests the results show that there is slight improvement in my vision!! I couldn't believe it, I've had visual field tests many times over the last year to check on progress and each time it has some back the same with the longer it went on leaning towards it not improving. Best surprise ever. I have more tests booked for in a couple of months to see if there is further improvement of whether it has stayed the same. 

Whilst I was at the hospital I bumped into a couple of old faces as well one a fired from university who has taken up a placement as a medical photographer and happened to be in the department. Then another fabulous girl I met on a ward when we were both admitted together a year ago and we were the youngest on the ward by a long shot, she happened to be walking down the corridor as I was leaving the department. 

So believe me I was (and still am) one happy bunny! x

No comments:

Post a Comment