Sunday 10 November 2013

Hot pipe tip.

The other day I was given a tip that I really should have thought about before! It's a simple thing that can be found in many homes. Hot radiator pipes. 

If you were to fall against them (even when the radiator is off as they often remain hot) during a seizure or remain unconscious next to one then you may gain some level of burn to the area of your body that is in contact with the pipe. This could be during the seizure itself be it gripping the pipe or lying against it and/or contact may also occur during the post-ictal phase following the seizure. 


I'm not entirely sure what I can do about it at the moment I rent my house off a private landlord so I can't change it's appearance permanently in any way. The lovely lady who pointed it out suggested I give my awesome door-stop owl a new job and place him against the main piece of piping and the radiator tap. He will then be guarding the tap with it being a rather pointed object to hit on the way down and off course provide a barrier between myself and the hot pipe. This is the plan for now and if I can find something to cover the rest of the piping that runs along the bottom of the radiators in my bedroom I'll sort that out as well.


Hopefully this will now be one more injury I won't be adding to the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment