Sunday 22 July 2012

Seizures and chat with nurse

I had a chat over the phone with one of the epilepsy clinics nurses Friday afternoon, she was lovely and chatty which always brings a smile back to my face. We talked through some stuff, seizures, seizure management and care plan etc. She told me theres still a while to wait on the waiting list for video telemetry I don't really know how to react... I don't want to spend any more time in hospital than I have to (obviously) but at the same time if it means they catch something on the EEG and it leads to some answers for now and the future then I want to get it done as soon as possible. I'll just try to put it to the back of mind for now though. we also spoke about life in general I told her about graduating and she was very pleased which was nice to hear. Now though it's the prospect of trying to find a job suitable which won't be easy but the nurse said she and my neurologist would be there to support me and provide any help they can. 

This morning was horrible. I woke up feeling utterly drained and so oddly strange in a frightening way I could have cried. I knew I must have been having seizures during my sleep. I went to stand up to get my daily meds from the other side of the room and I felt like I was stuck in another world, completely spaced out. I took the pills hoping I'd feel better once they'd kick in but it didn't happen. Instead I felt even more peculiar and time flew by at odd intervals, a little to quickly which is another sign for seizures occurring that I'm not aware of. Eventually though I grabbed and took some rescue medication and fell back to sleep for a couple of hours. That stuff knocks me for six and sleeping was pretty much all I could do but waking up feeling a thousand times better and no seizures is so so good! :) 

Hopefully I'll have a much better night tonight I have a train to catch in the morning for over 3 hours to visit a friend :D I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment