Wednesday 4 July 2012

Cosy retreat

Well as per usual it's pouring with rain outside. Typical British summer.. you wouldn't believe it was July if you looked outside with people walking by in winter clothing with umbrellas and boots dashing through the puddles. I'm cracking on with a mammoth task of little teeny annoying jobs on my to do list, you know that list that seems never ending?... I've done pretty much all I can without going out in the rain for now though (Everyday this week I've been out and about learning my way around the streets here to get stuff done in certain places and returning looking like I've just walked out of a river!!) So I thought a day inside out of the rain wouldn't do any harm. 

But that's not to say I'm not a little bored so I thought I'd take a few snaps of my new abode and super cosy room.

Ahhh my own little nest :) I've always been one for creature comforts and since I have to sleep and lay down a lot, my bed is my ultimate comfy retreat. Obviously precautions have to be taken in that I'm very likely (and have done many times with injuries to prove it) to hit myself on sharp/hard edges and objects while seizing in my sleep, so my slight obsession with cushions comes in very useful to pad out edges! I have to have my bed along a wall to prevent me falling out and when I sleep I put cushion along the other edge to help to but that doesn't always work... I also have an anti-suffocation pillow in case of seizures ending up with me face down. 

I LOVE my books, they are the pride and joy of any space of mine <3 Believe me this isn't all of them... Just my extra precious ones made readily available to reach for. Perhaps my most important book of all... my note book, I always have one with me! This one is sitting waiting for me to scribble ideas and notes down usually when I'm trying to sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment