Monday 9 July 2012

Back on the asthma meds.

I've been living here a week and I'm already on first name terms with the pharmacist!

I had some rubbish news this morning. I went to visit my new doctor for a medication review as the repeat prescription for the Keppra was about to run out. We talked over a few things and he ran a quick few tests, you know blood pressure that sort of thing. I asked if he could recommend some medicine to take for my hayfever thats blasted back into my life. I told him how bad it has been over the past month or so and he prescribed me with some medicines that will hopefully relieve it at least a little :)
While we were talking through the allergies he listened to my chest and said I sounded a little "weazy" which shocked me slightly because I felt perfectly fine... so a peak flow test it was and low and behold the three readings were well below the average. Unfortunately it confirms that my asthma is becoming a problem again :( I had it as a child and into my teens needing to be on regular inhalers and my mum suffers badly with it, but I haven't needed medicine for it for years and assumed I'd out grown it. 

So that's yet another set of drugs to pump into my body. To look on the bight side though I did have what I thought was a mild asthma attack a couple of weeks ago when I was particularly poorly with allergies and it did scare me a little at the time so at least I have an inhaler to take in an emergency! Phew! 

No comments:

Post a Comment