Tuesday 16 November 2010

Paris Tomorrow :)

Sooo with barely any sleep and plenty of stress it has been agreed that I can travel to Paris as originally planned tomorrow. WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Given that I was given less than ONE DAYS NOTICE to appeal its been a rediculously busy and stressful 24 hours in which I had to literally gather all evidence and fight my case against the universities decision to not let me attend the trip.

Its just silly how something so small escalated into something so big when it really didnt need to. Sometimes it just doesn't matter what job title some people have or the status they may think they gain from it, them being able to accept a few home truths can do a world of wonders. I fully understand and respect that they had to cover themselves against any claims that might have arrisen but what right does that give them to dictate what someone can and cannot do in their lives. Especially without them knowing the full facts and details. I'm not stupid. I know my limits and I know my condition. I would not put my self at any uneeded risk (and quite frankly embarrasment) if I didn't need to. I know that all it takes is a little bit extra preparation for example extra medicine and a french first aid card. Done. No big deal.

If someone had at least attempted to speak with ME in person about MY epilepsy and MY feelings on the situation then there simply would not have been such a massive deal. <--- Case proved.

Anyway whats done is done with some careful arguements and with some brilliant friends and members of staff behind me offering their invaluable support, all has been resolved.

I think its safe to say that lessons will have been learnt and this will hopefully be reflected on decisions made in regard to students with similiar circumstances in the future. :)

What more could I ask for.

YAAAAAAY PARIS!!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment