Sunday 21 November 2010

Photographic Art Trip to Paris

Eiffel Tower from a far wooo!

Paris.

What a beautiful and incredibly interesting city.
Rich with culture and everywhere you seem to look there is something amazing to see! 

I can't possibly write everything that happened and every experience that came around but here are some tiny snippets of our adventure. :)



 Ahhhh Paris Photo. With is HUGE queue which of course we got to skip :D. Paris Photo was one of the main reasons I wanted to take part in the trip so much. I found it AMAZING. I know not everyone who came along agreed but opinions are opinions and each to their own. It was a little bit information overload at times and maybe a tad pretentious in places but wow was it amazing to see some truly fabulous pieces of work from artists who were actually willing to talk about it with you there and then!! Needless to say I felt it was well worth the journey from Newport alone.

Without meaning to sound awful I felt drawn to taking a photograph of this padlock (one of MANY locked to the side of a bridge) Maybe I felt in someway a relation to it.

Hmmmm anyway....

So this was looking down from the top of the Pompidou Centre. It was oddly inspiring to just watch people going somewhere, to do something, each with their own little stories.

The Pomidou is a place you must visit if you are at all into the 'arts' and happen to be visiting Paris. Although it definitely takes a looooong time to get around everything and a lot of energy which unfortunately I was not blessed with either...  


This was taken in the Pompidou Centre I can't really put my finger on exactly why, but this was one of the most eye catching pieces of art I saw the whole trip. So I just thought I'd include a snapshop of it.


 Now here is a particularly frustrating bit. I'm not some alcoholic or in anyway rely on alcohol to 'have a good time' but a social drink with friends is just something I do. Especially being a student! So without really thinking to much into it, on the first night while we were eating in an gorgeously cute Parisian restaurant I decided to try out what France is truly famous for...its WINE! Dun dun dunnnn yep I had a whole two (and maybe a bit more) glasses of wine. (and my goodness was it lovely). I'm not quite stupid enough to have gone on a complete binge drinking session as I normally would have done as I know that really would have meant putting myself at risk of ending up in hospital. Two glasses of wine was something I thought I would be able to handle.

BUT... I ended up having a seizure during the night. Now whether this be because of the really long days travelling we had had that day, the fact I hadn't drank any alcohol at all for about 5 weeks, that it was my first time mixing alcohol with my Medicine (Keppra 500mg per day at that point) or all this combined, was to blame is something I suppose I'll never really find out. Or of course it could have just been a coincidence. Either way it scared me a little. Needless to say I only 'tasted' any wine after that rather than gulp it down :( bad times!!!


Said 'Gorgeously cute Parisian restaurant' called Mouff' tot mouff' tard. I have got to say it was THE most amazing food I have ever tasted. Tucked away up a typical French market street. BLISS. Plus it was FULL of French diners which is always a good sign!!






Ok so its a big city and to travel around by foot to various destinations as we did, requires a great deal of energy. I'm not going to lie it was definitely exhausting. It didn't help that my medicine still makes me feel nauseous well into the afternoon and incredibly tired a lot of the time. I can 'hide' it from most people but one or two including my tutor seem to able to see right through that and offer some encouragement to "Go and take a nap woman!!" I am learning that it doesn't matter what people think. If I need to take it easy then I should its just something I need to get used to. Perfectly highlighted on the final night where everyone went out into the city late at night to quite frankly get pissed. I chose to go back to the hostel and sleep. Which was very very VERY  rubbish but the best thing to do at the time. And I don't regret it.

I'm pretty sure most people had a brilliant time and I am very much one of those people. I am so so glad that I decided to fight the universities decision to not let me attend the trip. It was definitely worth the stress!!
Needless to say I will most definitely be going back again... and again.. 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment