Saturday 13 November 2010

One thing I REALLY do miss!!

DRIVING!!!!
 Urgh I can't even begin to say how much I miss driving. Anyone who really knows me will tell you I might be a little bit obsessed with driving and cars... It's a massive part of my life!!!


This is my baby!! Honestly I LOVE IT. My Golf. I have ALWAYS wanted one ever since I began learning about cars... (and with being brought up by my dad who just so happened to be a mechanic) that was a pretty early age.


My not so faithful first car was a Fiat Punto mk1 ohhh yeahhh thats right it was a thing of beauty :/ ... Anyway after driving it around for four years patching it up as it fell apart (THANK YOU dad for the amount of hours you spent fixing it you deserve a medal!!!)  it finally gave up the ghost by deciding to literally disintegrate in the fast lane on a busy M6 on a VERY hot summers day... half way through a 200 mile journey NOT. COOL. (Fair does though what I would have done without it is beyond me RIP old friend!)

So after years of working my ass off saving the pennies and putting up with the Punto this summer I FINALLY bought a Golf. I of course turned into a complete child for a few days and got stupidly excited (I mean after all it is only a car..) My little dream had come true... HA lame!! (But true.. :D) 

So here I am driving around, living my life as normal (mainly working... to pay for the fuel...) and then BOOM. I start to have what I thought were just 'black outs' WRONG! So yep it goes with out saying really, for the foreseeable future (12 months after the last seizure) I am no longer allowed to drive.

I AM BEYOND GUTTED!!!!! Yes BIG SIGH as my beautiful car now has to sit on my mums farm looking all lonely and sad wishing it could be driven... *tear*

BUUUUUT its not all bad because.... wait for it...... I GET A FREE BUS PASS!!!! GET.IN.

Ha so yes that little rant came about after getting a text from a friend who I wish I could go and fetch from the train station because, by the sounds of it, she is currently enduring a nightmare of a train journey.. which unfortunately will have to be followed by either a bus journey (which involves walking halfway across Newport with a load of luggage on a Saturday night..) or an uber expensive taxi fare. You know I would if I could lovely!!!

The end :) X

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I linked to your blog from your introduce yourself post the epilepsy society forum. (My user name is bethtastic on there).

    I share your pain! I started having blackouts/embarrassing faints/whatever in July. I merrily ignored them until September when I had a bad one on a night out with friends. My GP basically said surrender your driving license or I'll have to notify the DVLA for you.

    So after 14 years of driving no more license and me staring longingly at my Micra sat on my drive gathering dust.

    I then had another suspected seizure in mid October. I bashed my head on the pavement when I fell and ended up on a general ward for 4 days.

    Started on LAMOTRIGINE, now had my EEG and MRI scans so waiting to see the neurologist. Sorted my free prescriptions, disabled rail card, and my free bus pass finally came in the post today. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    But god I miss my little Nissan 'Micrap'. Hopefully we will be seizure free and back on the road again. oh I cant wait to be back on the road again in 12 months time.

    Beth
    x

    ReplyDelete