Tuesday 24 September 2013

Face + Desk = Fracture

Another day, another trip to A+E.

This time the verdict was concussion and a fractured cheek bone.

As much as I love to sit at my desk surrounded by my lovely arty supplies and inspirational books I DO NOT like it when the edges get a little to close to my face! I took a rather violent seizure, went down like a ton of bricks and landed the front of my head right on the edge of my desk. It not even a particularly sharp edge as I've got a thin colourful mat on top of it that runs over the corners to blunt them off a bit. This was on Sunday, I was fine apart from a horrid headache during the evening and went to stay at a friend of mine so she could keep an eye out for anything wrong. I tried my best to avoid going to the hospital but when I got sick early on Monday morning it was quite clear that I did indeed need to go in to be checked out. I was examined and sent for x-rays and scans to be told that I'd fractured one of the bones and had concussion luckily nothing was displaced though. I was kept there for observation then allowed home under the supervision of friends. 

Well for now my face is still swollen and the bruises are coming out slowly but surely, I'm telling you it's a beautiful look that I'll have to live with for a while but it will heal and it could be A LOT worse! 

My plan for today is to sleep a lot and just try not to do anything much because as of tomorrow it all takes off again with a trip to see my neurologist and then some radio interviews!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! That bruise looks so painful Jade. I really hope you're okay xx

    ReplyDelete