Saturday 7 September 2013

Dates I will never forget.

It's a tiny while ago now but the 3rd year anniversary of my experience of seizures has recently passed. The date 26th August 2010 is the date of my first ever seizure (that I know of for sure). 

I simply cannot believe how much life has changed but it's not all bad though!! It's fascinating for me to look back through everything I have written on this blog since starting it back in November 2010 to document my journey. This is the very first post I wrote on this blog which was about how I came to realise I had started suffering from Seizures. 

Taking it all in consideration though I have to say one of my proudest achievements has been graduating from university with (even if I do say so myself) a grade to be very happy with. 7th September 2012 A year ago today I was dressed in my gown and walking across a stage in front of lots of people (praying I wouldn't fall over from nerves!) doffing my cap and smiling so much my face ached!

To finish university after having started suffering with seizures was one very hard task. I started having them just before starting my final year of my degree. Eventually I had to drop out for a year as I fell so far behind due to numerous hospital admissions, the side effects of medication and of course the seizures themselves. After learning to manage the side effects and with a great deal of help from some wonderful people I re-started my final year and a year later completed it!

I can't believe how time as flown it really doesn't feel like this all happened a year ago. Well I'd better carry on the journey and see what life throws up next! x

1 comment:

  1. Finishing Uni is a huge deal for anybody but an even bigger deal considering everything you were going through at the time. You should be very proud of yourself :) xx

    ReplyDelete