Wednesday 12 June 2013

Ophthalmology

So I popped to the hospital on Tuesday as I had a review with ophthalmology. Sadly there is no change in my eyesight where I'm missing a rather large chunk in my upper left quadrant. I was really hoping it would have magically improved in someway as it's my brain causing it rather than my perfect (doctors words!) eyes. 

It was pretty standard appointment involving three different field vision tests then in to see the doctor to go over results. Last time I was in my consultant requested I be sent for an MRI scan to check if any bunches of blood cells etc are pressing against any optic nerves. When he asked me if I'd been for my MRI I simply replied no but I've got an appointment on Thursday for  CT head scan. His face was a picture of anger... and to justify it he said how he had specifically requested and MRI for a reason (don't ask me what...) as opposed to a CT. Any way long story to include a very angry doctor short when I was walking back home from the hospital my phone rang and it was the consultant saying that he had spoken with radiology and I was to still go along to the CT appointment only they are now adding contrast dye to the mix (which I am NOT looking forward to as it stings!!) and I'm now on the waiting list for an MRI. 

I have a check up with him again in 3 months time where yet again I'll take some field vision tests to see if there is any change in my peripheral vision. Hopefully I'll have some results waiting for my from my scans to but that might be wishful thinking when it comes to and MRI! 

No comments:

Post a Comment