Tuesday 4 June 2013

Another EEG

Unexpectedly a few weeks ago I received an appointment letter requesting I go and have an hour long EEG recording done.
I went today... just the usual, came out with my hair in an absolute mess and typically it wasn't raining for once so I couldn't even hide it under a hood haha just had to stroll back to my house from the hospital looking like I had a birds nest on my head!

During the hyperventilation stage I felt like I was going to pass out but I think that was just because it was added to the heat and being tired. I managed to stay conscious though so that's always a plus! I've had three standard one hour EEG's since I was diagnosed two and a half years ago. The first time I consented to having the strobe light tested on me to detect any photosensitivity but it was negative thankfully. The last EEG I had I asked them not to show the light as the headache it leaves is horrible. This time though for some reason I allowed them to test it again but that ended up in instant regret as I felt like I was looking through a kaleidoscope of colours and lights by the time it finished and the headache I have now hurts!! 

Afterwards I asked the physiologist if he had seen anything funky going on both on the screen and via me but he said he can't give me any answers until my consultant has looked through the results. He did say that he didn't notice anything obvious coming from me though so I'm guessing nothing happened seizure wise. I'll just wait and see.. 
Next up a video EEG again just waiting for the call on that one, could be waiting a LONG while though! 

2 comments:

  1. I empathise with you on the EEG's. I have had a few over the years, and face another imminently (just waiting for the 'letter') I admire your openness about your epilepsy, and wish I had the same outlook as you. As someone who is in the middle of a relapse with increasing frequency of seizures and length of them also increasing; I find that your blog offers inspiration. Especially someone who is of similar age. Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a right pain aren't they! Thank you so much for saying that :) helps me to keep on writing even through the really crappy bits! Keep your head up :) xx

      Delete